When preparing to use the Rhythm Tracks for NWC App on a Mac, a virtual MIDI synthesizer is also needed before you can hear the pattern loops during play back. In order to create the virtual synthesizer, you will need a program called AU Lab.
AU Lab can be downloaded from this link:
After AU Lab is installed, run it and complete the following steps:
- Create Document
- Edit, Add Audio Unit Instrument
- Set MIDI Input Source to None or Any
- Set Instrument to DLSMusicDevice
- Press OK
- Edit, Edit Selected Group, then Edit Thru Params…
- While Holding Shift, click on the Channel 16 button (this activates all channels)
- Close Thru Params, then press OK
- Save your settings so they can be used again
The DLSMusicDevice should now be available for use within Chrome when a MIDI app has been started.
The AU Lab configuration that I used can be found in our forum: